Initially today was pretty daunting having to quickly adapt to the challenge of few participants attending. However this is perhaps to be expected with this type of community engagement as a factor of ‘real life’ (and with the issue of Kenyan time being something quite different to UK time). We were able to continue with most of our plan for the day which was reassuring as having a plan or outline kept us focused on what we were hoping to achieve by the end of the session.
Having worked through a mind map, we changed our schedule moving the equipment introduction before story boarding. I think my group would agree that we did this because we felt that the group were itching to get started. By addressing their need to get up and get to grips with the equipment this gave me the opportunity to draw up an outline for a storyboard so that we wouldn’t be waiting around. Although I have little video skills I felt I was able to contribute to the story boarding and ideas discussion confidently.
Nice stuff Jen